What Happens If Decedent Had Ongoing Contracts?

A nonintervention personal representative may perform decedent's contracts in the usual course of his business, without permission of the court.

If a full intervention personal representative finds that decedent had written contracts he was obligated to perform, the personal representative may ask the court for authority, without notice to interested parties, to perform on those written contracts.  RCW 11.60.010.  If the personal representative fails to seek such authority to perform the contract, then the person to whom the performance is owed may petition the court to compel performance.  RCW 11.60.020.